Sunday, April 1, 2012

Good Stewardship~Money

I guess the easiest place to start figuring out if I am a good steward, when it comes to the things God has given me, is money.

I began tithing last month for the first time in a long time. My faith hasn't been there for doing that (which is absolutely no excuse because I have known what is right). Now that I am at my lowest point financially, I have decided this was the best time to give in faith.

I pay all of my bills on time and I don't run up debt.

So, where are some areas I can improve on in order to be a good steward?

1) Stop eating out so much. I love food and I love to cook but I allow my circumstances and "feelings" determine if I am going to put forth the little effort it takes to prepare my own meals. It is expensive and it is most of the time unsatisfing anyways.

2) I need to cancel or switch things that are costly that I don't need, while providing things I do need.

3) I need to do my house projects one at a time and as the money provides itself. Life is not lived in a day and my home and personal belongings don't have to be accumulated all right now.

5) Give as God leads me to do. Spend as God "oks" me to do.  Save and invest as he directs me to do. And appreciate and take care of what I have today, because so many other people in the world would think I have it all.

These are my goals to begin this week....I'll keep you posted on my progress...

One bite at a time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment